Term Dates & School Day
Please click on this link for holiday dates and half terms:Please click on this link to see what happens in a school day: Our School Day
Attendance at school is vital for a child's ability to learn, develop and achieve.
As a parent or carer of a child of school age, you should:
- send your child to school on time every day with the correct uniform and equipment
- contact the child's school on their first day of absence if they are unwell, and return them to school as soon as they are well enough
- take holidays only during school holidays
The local authority may decide to fine unauthorised absences from school by issuing a legal penalty notice.
The law says that if children of compulsory school age are absent from school without good reason they are committing an offence and their parents or carers may be prosecuted in the Magistrate's Court.
The local authority will issue penalty notices on the behalf of the headteacher where a pupil:
- has an unauthorised absence during a school term this can include holidays
- is being persistently late for school
- is stopped with parents/carers during a truancy sweep and the absence is not authorised by the school